The Use of Magnets in Orthodontics
Narendra S Sharma, RH Kamble, Preethi Sharma
Citation Information :
Sharma NS, Kamble R, Sharma P. The Use of Magnets in Orthodontics. World J Dent 2015; 6 (1):45-48.
Copyright © 2015; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Sharma N, Shrivastav S, Kamble RH, Sharma P. The Use of Magnets in Orthodontics. World J Dent 2015;6(1):45-48.
- Magnetic forces in orthodontics. Am J Orthod 1978;74:435.
- The use of magnets in a maxillofacial prosthesis. J Pros Dent 1971;25:334-341.
- A magnetically retained interim maxillary obturator. J Pros Dent 1976;36:671-675.
- Magnetic retention for complete and partial overdentures, Part I. J Pros Dent 1981:45:484-491.
- An attractive solution to unerupted teeth. Am J Orthod and Dentofac Orthoped 1991;100:489-493.
- Treatment of an impacted canine with magnet. J Clin Orthod 1994;28:639-642.
- Magnetic forces systems in orthodontics. Am J Orthod 1985;87:201-210.
- Micromagnetic retainers—An attractive solution to fixed retention. British Orthod 1991;18:139-141.
- Biocompatibility of new, clinically used and recycled orthodontic samarium cobalt magnets. Am J Orthod 1994;105:568-574.
- The use of magnets in orthodontics: an alternative means to produce tooth movement. European J Orthod 1984;6:247-253.
- Magnetic vs Mechanical expansion with different force thresholds and points of force application. Am J Orthod 1987;92:455-466.
- Distalization of molars with repelling magnets. J Clin Orthod 1988;22:40-44.
- Functional orthopaedic magnetic appliance (FOMA) III. Am J Orthod 1990;97:135-148.
- Magnetic Activator Device (MAD-II) for correction of class II Div-I malocclusions. Am J Orthod 1993; 103:223-239.
- The propellant unilateral magnetic appliance (PUMA): a new technique for hemifacial microsomia. European J Orthod 1995;17:263-271.
- Three-dimensional study of treatment with magnet and non-magnet twin blocks. European J Orthodont 1993;15:342.
- A new orthodontic appliance by means of a magnetic bracket. J Dent Res (spl issue) 1977;56:587.
- In vitro study of mandibular implant retained overdentures: the influence of stud attachments on load transfer to the implant and soft tissue. Int J Prosthodont 1996;9:394-399.