Posturedontics: Reducing the Stress in Dentistry
Sulekha S Gosavi, Siddharth Y Gosavi, Rashmi S Jawade
Citation Information :
Gosavi SS, Gosavi SY, Jawade RS. Posturedontics: Reducing the Stress in Dentistry. World J Dent 2012; 3 (4):335-339.
Copyright © 2012; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Gosavi SS, Gosavi SY, Jawade RS. Posturedontics: Reducing the Stress in Dentistry. World J Dent 2012;3(4):335-339.
- Epidemiologic features of chronic low back pain. Lancet 1999;354(9178):581-85.
- Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/workplacehealthpromotion/evaluation/topics/disorders.html.
- Computer use increases the risk of musculoskeletal disorders among newspaper office workers. Archives Med Res 2003;34(4):331-42.
- Controlling dental hygiene work-related musculo-skeletal disorders: The ergonomic process. J Dental Hygiene 2000 Jan;74(1):41-48.
- Musculoskeletal back pain among dentists. Gen Dent 1984;32:481-85.
- Cervical pain and discomfort among dentists. Epidemiological, clinical and therapeutic aspects, Swed Dent J 1990;14:71-80.
- Musculoskeletal problems among dental health personnel. A survey of the dental public health services in the Hordarland (in Norwegian). Tdsskr Nor Laegeforen 1996;116(23):2776-80.
- Musculoskeletal disorder among dentists and variation in dental work. Applied Ergonomics 1997;29(2):119-25.
- Occupational health problems of dentists in Southern Thailand. Int Dent J 2000;50(1):36-40.
- Prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders in dentists. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 2004;5:16
- Ergonomic benefits of Discus Dental's Zen. Dentistry IQ 2012 July 8.
- A systemic review of muscoloskeletal disorders among dental professionals. Int J Dental Hygiene 2009;7(3):159-65.
- Disorders of the musculoskeletal system among dentists from the aspect of ergonomics and prophylaxis. Ann Agric Environ Med 2002;9:169-73.
- Neuropathy in female dental personnel exposed to high frequency vibrations. Occup Environ Med 1995;52(2):116-23.
- Dental health practices among Finnish university students. Proceedings of the Finnish Dental Society. Proc Fin Dent Soc 1989;80:155-61.
- Symptoms of the neck and upper extremities in dentists. Scand J Work Environ Health 1990;16(2):129-34.
- Effect of exposure to lead on postural control in workers. Occup Environ Med 2000;57(3):201-03.
- Mechanisms leading to musculoskeletal disorders in dentistry. J Am Dent Assoc 2003;134(10): 1344-50.
- Prevalence and correlates of musculoskeletal disorders among Australian dental hygiene students. Int J Dent Hyg 2009;7(3):176-81.
- Management of common musculoskeletal disorders: Physical therapy principles and methods (3rd ed). Philadelphia: Lippincott; 1996:69-111.
- Neck and arm pain (3rd ed). Philadelphia: FA Davis Co. 1991:69-70.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration, US Dept. of Labor. Ergonomics Program, final rule. Federal Register 2000;65:68261-870.
- Are neck flexion, neck rotation and sitting at work risk factors for neck pain? Results of a prospective cohort study. Occup Environ Med 2001;58(3):200-07.
- Ergonomics and the dental care worker. Washington, DC: American Public Health Association; 1998 Oct:1434.
- Low back joint loading and kinematics during standing and unsupported sitting. Ergonomics 2001;44(3):280-94.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms among dentists in relation to work posture. Work 2000;15:153-58.
- Sitting biomechanics, part-1: Review of the literature. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1999;22(9):594-609.
- Occupational biomechanics (3rd ed). New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc. 1999;364:366-86.
- Ergonomic benefits of surgical telescope systems: Selection guidelines. J Calif Dent Assoc 2002 Feb;30(2):161-69.
- Clinical work posture for the dentist: An electromyographic study. J of the Amer Den Assoc 1983;107(6):937-39.
- Occupational hazards in dental practice. Oral Hygiene 1946;36:1194
- Declination angle and its role in selecting surgical telescopes. J Am Dent Assoc 1999;130:1096-1100.
- Muscle activity and range of motion during active trunk rotation in a sitting posture. Appl Ergon 2001;32(6): 583-91.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms in New South Wales dentists. Aust Dent J 1997 Aug;42(4):240-46.
- Effectiveness of a home program of ischemic pressure followed by sustained stretch for treatment of myofascial trigger points. Phys Ther 2000;80:997-1003.
- Effects of physical and mental stressors on muscle pain. Scand J Work Environ Health 1999;25(Suppl 4):19-24.
- Ergonomics and the dental care worker. Washington: American Public Health Association 1998:246-49.